Thursday, October 2, 2014

October Currently

Yikes!  It's been over a month since I blogged.  When I started my blog over the summer, and I was frustrated with not having to blog about.  Now that we are back in school and I have plenty to blog about, I am frustrated about not having any time.  I guess it's time that I make the time :-)  Today I'm linking up with Oh' Boy 4th Grade for the October Currently.


LISTENING: I love the show, Nashville.  I'm a huge country music fan, and have always wanted to visit Nashville.  The show has really made me want to visit now.

LOVING: Even though winter is my favorite season, I do enjoy fall.  I especially love everything apple!  I'm hoping to visit the orchard soon to pick up some apples, apple pie, apple cider, and apple cider donuts, YUMMY!

THINKING: I really want to visit the beach.  I was looking through my pictures from my trips this summer, and I miss it.  I'm going to try to convince my husband to make the seven hour drive after work one Friday, stay for Saturday, and head back Sunday.

WANTING: I am counting down the days until we have off for Columbus Day.  My to-do list feels like it is a mile long, and I just need more time to try to get it all done.

NEEDING; When school started, I planned on writing a "First Day of School" post.  I came home exhausted.  Then it was going to be a "First Week" post, but again I felt exhausted.  Each week in September I said I was going to post, and I just never found the energy.  Maybe by posting this here and now, it will motivate me to work on a "First Month of School" post over the weekend :-)

TRICK OR TREAT: I really don't like tricks, I dread when April 1st is a school day!  I do love treats though :-)  This week we did some of my Falling for Place Value Centers.  My students really enjoyed the activities, but I realized I didn't have any technology incorporated.  So, I quickly whipped up some place value task cards with QR codes.  As a "treat", I'm sharing them with you.  You can pick them up here or by clicking on the picture.



That's all for now!  Hopefully it won't be November before I blog again :-)

12 comments:

  1. I feel ya...I actually put up two blog posts this week...count 'em...TWO...and before that..it was back in August. When school starts....it's crazy!!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I absolutely adore your blog design! It is so cheery! Who designed it?
    2. I am right there with ya sister about the 3+ day weekends!
    3. I have the same blogging dilemma! So much to post, so little time!
    Happy (almost) Friday!
    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some long weekends too! I can't get caught up and my house is a wreck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief! I just realized that you are a Virginia blogger! I am from Virginia Beach! And I also teach 2nd grade. (I am in NC right now)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple cider donuts sound delicious. Thanks for sharing the task cards with us!
    Teaching, Love, Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute blog :) Love the use of QR codes!!

    Kendra
    This Little Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watch Nashville too. I went to visit the city for the first time over the summer and saw some of the show's hot spots. It was fun!

    September was hard for me too. It can only get better from here on out, right?? I'm jealous that you have Columbus Day off!! Have a good Friday and weekend.

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bonnie! I am so glad the freebie is with place value! I needed another Halloween center activity for next week. Thanks for the cute freebie, and LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog design!
    Carly
    The Education Kingdom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in Nashville and love everything about it! You would love it - especially since you are such a country music fan. I love walking down Second Avenue and Broadway - every bar you walk into has live music blasting out of it - and everyone sounds like they could be on the radio! Not to mention the BBQ is great!

    Katie
    Living the First Grade Dream

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bonnie!

    I've been following your blog for a few months. I love your blog design and the ideas!

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. It is an award for blogs with less than 200 followers who have great content and great potential. Click on the link below for more details:

    http://secondgradesweetiepies.blogspot.com/2014/10/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog and design also!! I also love your QR ideas! I'm so trying it out! Thank you for sharing! I want you to know I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my blog here to gain information about it. (This is not spam or anything like that... it's for new bloggers.) http://www.theowlteacher.blogspot.com/2014/11/ive-won-its-fun-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog design! I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award too, an award for new bloggers! Hop over to my blog to check out how to accept. Happy Teaching! http://mrsgrisham.blogspot.com/2014/11/liebster-award-and-horrible-blogger-ive.html

    ReplyDelete