Sunday, August 31, 2014

Currently September

I can't believe it's September already!  I'm liking up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her monthly currently linky party.

Listening: I'm having a relaxing Sunday evening.  My husband helped me out in the classroom today, so I'm not complaining about him playing on the computer :-)

Loving: I am so happy that it's a three-day weekend, I have SO much to do before school starts on Tuesday.

Thinking: I've made copies for the week, but I haven't written down any of my plans yet.  I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do, but I really dislike writing down lesson plans and I put it off to the last possible moment.

Wanting: We've been lucky and have had a pretty mild summer, until today when it got extremely warm and humid.  I prefer cold and snowy.  I am so ready for winter.  We had 14 snow days last year and I've heard reports that this winter may be colder and snowier.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Needing: I have copies made, but I need to figure out what exactly I'm doing each day and get that organized.

3 Trips to places I haven't been: Switzerland sounds like the perfect place: cheese, chocolate, and snow (what more could I ask for) Chicago looks like a fun city, and Maine because I love New England and haven't been to Maine.

12 comments:

  1. It is so hot here in Texas that I'd love cold and snow! I hope your first day of school goes well!

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm in Chicago! I hate snow! I love to look at it, but I hate cold, and driving in it, and just snow. I'm still a little bitter from the slam of snow we had last winter and the crappy summer we had…now it's super hot…but I'm at work, freezing in the AC (when it works). I'm a HOT weather girl! Not sure why I was intended to be born in IL… haha.
    I'm uncrossing those fingers! But on NICE days, Chicago is super fun!
    Good luck with planning- we have to turn in our plans on Fridays (this is a new routine and concept to me!!!!).
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are READY for back to school! My hubby is playing the X-box, but I'm not complaining either because he took the kids on a big hike today and I had the house to myself for a couple of hours! :)

    Krista
    Teaching Momster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is adorable!! Writing plans is one of my least favorite things. I usually end up writing two pairs--one to turn into admin and one for me. But then I don't print any out or follow them. : / Hope you have a productive day off tomorrow : )

    The Sassy Sub

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that about winter also!!! I am over the hot and humid, but would prefer we enjoy FALL first:) Chicago is just north of me, it is great!!! You should definitely make a trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dragging writing my lesson plans also! How about you come to Chicago where I am and then we write them together?!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am right there with you on the writing lesson plans down…I've got it in my head…writing it down seems like such a monotonous process each week! I get where you are coming from with the heat and all, but SNOW?!! YUCK! I live in Nebraska and we see our fair share of all four seasons and winter is by far my least favorite (unless of course I get a snow day because then I don't have to drive in it). Maine would be a ton of fun…I can't believe I forgot about it…I like the way you think!

    I'm so glad I found you super cute blog! Good luck with the lesson planning!

    Happy Labor Day!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Chicago!!! Have a wonderful first day of school. The first week is always hectic and even if you write it down, you will probably change it 100 times!

    Kelly
    MyFabulousClass

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, we are definitely opposites on the weather! I'm bummed that the warm weather is coming now that we're back in school and I can't go to the beach. It was always too cold or rainy this summer for many beach trips. I do love snow days, though!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are total opposites when it comes to weather. I would much rather be hot than cold. Have a great first day tomorrow!

    Allie
    http://thepositiveteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am right there with ya! School starts tomorrow and I am so not ready! I have planned tomorrow, but have no desire to plan the rest of the week! I was hoping that having a beautiful Erin Condren planner would help me be better at planning ahead. So far, not so much! Haha Good luck!

    Tasha Emmerson
    Confessions of a Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in Ontario and our boards don't close our schools for anything! My poor students had so many recesses indoors because of the frigid temps! I'm hoping the reports are wrong and we have a milder winter this year. Love your blog! Found you through the September Currently.

    Jill
    Apple Bottom Beans

    ReplyDelete